Monday, September 26, 2016

Integrity.... A most mis-understood word and Very Needed Quality

I must admit I have some major problems with the English Language.  I love reading things written hundreds of years ago, when words meant what they were designed to mean. Now one word can mean 100 different things to 100 different people.  The true meaning never changed....the Origin of the word is still the same, but humans apply their dualistic judgments to Every Freakin thing that they perceive...and simple meanings ..are lost within these judgments.  And this is a problem because clear communication is a very important thing.  I'm 63 years old or so, and the meanings I learned of words...the meanings I have when I speak these words..... have changed over time to mean what people think they mean, and often these meanings are vastly different than what the origin of the word intended.  In just a few hundred years our language has devolved to such a sad point that I fear in another 200 we'll be speaking in Grunts...and nobody will have a clue what the other person is talking about.  And even the dictionary, instead of adhering to the original meanings of a word,  "Updates" these meanings every year based upon the common (mis) understandings of the words.  I've talked about the problem of this before with words like Compassion...which has totally lost it's original meaning...and contemplation...But today I want to talk about a very Important word to me. And that is "Integrity".
The true meaning of this word has been almost entirely buried in dualistic ideas that have nothing to do with the meaning. The origin of the word is from  from French intégrité or Latin integritas, from integer ‘intact’ . Now let me use a Wikipedia definition, which is fairly consistent across different dictionary's to illustrate how dualistic judgments alter simple definitions: ..." The word integrity evolved from the Latin adjective integer, meaning whole or complete. In this context,integrity is the inner sense of "wholeness" deriving from qualities such as honesty and consistency of character."
OK, This is pretty close to a nice archetype understanding of the word. Being Congruent....having our actions match our thoughts and our words.  This IS INTEGRITY.
And we judge this in our dualistic view generally as a Good quality. We say it is good to have Integrity, to have our actions and words match our deeper convictions.  OK ?
Now here is where the problem occurs.  We feel it is "Good" to be in Integrity..... and from there it gets extrapolated that being in our Integrity means we are Good. And in fact more of the Wikopedia and other definitions goes on to say,"Integrity is the quality of being honest".... OK...that makes sense, it fits with the original "being whole or complete"....If we are honest we speak and act in line with our deepest held convictions..... Now the next line is where the problem arises, where the truth of this simple word becomes lost through a dualistic judgment......" and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. "  Now having strong moral principals has ZERO to do with the origin of the word..... somewhere along the line somebody decided that it was a good moral thing to be in our integrity...and therefore being in our integrity meant we were of strong moral character.  NOPE!...
AAACCCKKK!!!  Integrity simply means Congruence within who we are. Our Core Beliefs, our words and our actions......
For instance if one of our  core beliefs is that theft and murder are wrong, we will be in our Integrity by not stealing or murdering or promoting these things in any way. Simple.  
But here's the rub. Not everyone believes this. Charlie Manson, Adolf Hitler, Stalin, etc. Had core beliefs that were quite contrary to this.... They truly believed in the depths of their being that the atrocities that they brought upon Mankind....were Right.  They spoke and acted in congruence with what they believed, even though most folks would disagree and felt their ideas were just plain Evil. But they didn't think they were evil, they thought they were doing the right thing. They were in Integrity with their core beliefs...
They were being totally Honest about who they were.. They were being "Honest and consistent in their character".
My whole life, my understanding of the word Integrity has meant, being honest and consistent in character"...in having ones actions and words express their core beliefs.
But this has gotten me in trouble with younger folks who have come to believe that Having Integrity means you are a good guy. And this all fits in with the lack of understanding of human evolution as perpetrated by the "Church" and even certain Spiritual Groups. Where there is a denial or....extreme hatred of the whole first turn of the evolutionary wheel, that part we could say that is motivated by personal satisfaction and shunning pain.   Because the thing is, not only saints, or those seeking the Light can be in integrity.   Self Serving Egotistical just plain nasty mo fo's can be in Integrity, if they are acting congruently upon their beliefs.
So I got in a lot of trouble because I stated that it seemed to me that a lot of Trump supporters were more in Integrity than Hillary supporters because they truly were Racist Bigots, and spoke and acted in line with that...but that I believed that few Hillary supporters were War Mongering for the profit of the Elite, GMO ingesting promoting, Big Oil supporting, Big Ag supporting Big bank supporters, YET, they were promoting a person that was, thus they were not acting in Integrity with their core beliefs. (Though I believe most have simply been hypnotized by the elite's media's smoke and mirrors)  It seemed an obvious observation.  I mean here I'm saying these folks that do not believe in these life destroying things are not acting in line with their beliefs, whereas these Bigoted racist separatist folks are.....   I'm not calling the Hillary supporters any nasty names, I'm not saying they are not good people...I'm simply saying they are not being congruent with their core beliefs. 
So here's the Thing:  I Feel the Connection, I feel and have a deep Love for Humanity and Life on this planet, as one organism. When I see Harm done, death and destruction caused to part of Us All, because of the Greed of another part...I seek Homeostasis. 
How have I done this?  By speaking against the one doing harm, and addressing and attempting to educate those who are complicit in it, most often unwittingly. I want to Expose the Aggressor. 
And the problem I see in the world, more than anything....is the lack of Integrity in Good People.
I believe that there is good at the heart of most folks, that most do not want to cause harm. 
Now think about the NAZI ...Holocaust ? 
Did this happen because everybody in Germany were Bigoted Racist horrible hateful murdering folks who were acting in their Integrity to change the world to their Core principles, OR did it happen because a lot of Good loving honest honorable folks were NOT acting in Integrity with their core beliefs. 
You see, I don't fear the Trump supporters, I believe there simply are not enough bigoted racists to make him a threat to Humanity. I fear more the Good Folks not acting in their Integrity and allowing and even supporting an Evil Minion of the 1% to take control of the most powerful government in the world. 
Now the question is, why do "good" folks relinquish their Integrity?  And the primary answer I see to this is....FEAR.  Hitler used Fear to Neuter the masses so he could perpetrate his horrors.  Now it is the 1%, using Fear....a fear of their Representative Player Donald Trump, having him act like Hitler and speak like Hitler....to scare the good folks out of their Integrity, in order to support their choice(Hillary) for the person to further their "New World Order"....based in pure Greed and Evil.  Pretty sneaky huh? 
So I don't have as much of a problem with Trump people, I understand evolution, I know that souls first evolve deeper into darkness before they turn back to the Light...And trying to change that....is Pointless....seriously.... And they are simply acting in congruence....in "Integrity" with their "ego" self serving beliefs. And by doing so will more quickly reach that point of Culmination where they can change direction and head back to the Light.  
You see the "Church" for thousands of years has judged and ...punished folks simply for the place they were in Evolution....this did not EVER make them "Better" people.  And my desire to see Peace and Love and Light Reign over Humanity and the Planet, will not be served by attempting to try and force what can not be forced..... 
I have known since I was 20 that my responsibility was to the "Fence Sitters". To those who have Reached that Culmination is Form....who are changing direction upon the wheel.... Who are no longer collecting that separate and Unique position in the Web via  dualistic Judgments, but who are now facing what appears to be a new and foreign Path, although it is the same path they have come up, only it is now seen from the opposite direction...and instead adding judgments as a way to maneuver through it all and define themselves, they are removing those judgments and learning to see through Love instead of Fear and Desire and all their Kin. 
I have known my responsibility ....and shirked it quite well, keeping my head down and rarely being in Integrity with my purpose.... Because, well.... whenever I have....and I've tried to communicate through words as I understand them.... they are not understood..... And the repercussions have made my life very .....uncomfortable. 
When I went back to College in my older age my professors were always bringing me up as an example because in all my work, I was very concise. I could say in a few words what the younger folk  would need to write in long essays. And that is because I believe the language has devolved so much, just in my lifetime....to where the very simple and archetypal meanings of words, have been lost in a Morass of Blithering dualistic interpretations vastly devoid of much the original meaning.  
SO, in Summation, if I use the word "Integrity" it means, 
" having ones actions be in line with their core beliefs". 
And I believe this is a most important and needed attribute in the world today.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the elucidation. I understand integrity better than before,

    ReplyDelete

VideoBar

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.