Sunday, July 29, 2012

4 12 gallons of Kraut

We eat fermented food with every meal. 
 Most folks should considering what Antibiotics, processed foods and vaccinations, and drinking water with chlorine and fluoride do to the most important part of the human body when it comes to health...the Gut. 
 Basically "civilized" life destroys health by destroying the center of a bodies health,
 by destroying the good bacteria which we need to be healthy, 
and promoting the pathogenic bacteria that are at the heart of so many of Mankind's Ills. 
So one thing we can do to help repair this damage is put back some of the good bacteria..
The good PROBIOTICS.
(The next thing folks can do is starve out the pathogenic bacteria, but sadly a lot of folks aren't willing to give up the foods that feed the problem...namely grains.)
We finished off our 50 pounds or so of pickles a long time ago, so we keep making Sauerkraut...and barely keeping up.

We just ran out this morning of the last batch, I checked the new one and it was plenty done... YIPEE!!

 You can see it here, Bubbling Away

Potent Batch

Full of good Probiotics



 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy sauerkraut!
    You totally right about what you are saying :-)
    I used to drink every morning sauerkraut "juice", but I had to stop it, because my way to work (by tram/subway) is far away, so no way to go to the"restroom", hahaha, if you know what I mean?
    We had Yugoslav neighbors and they tought us how to make sauerkraut. We always make it in big rainwater collection barrels (put it in the basement), Hm, I loved that "smell", haha, as a child I went often to the basement just to try and try and try a bit of the unfinished sauerkraut (and sometimes I brought some friends with me), and then finallly my mom asked ones, who have eaten the half barrel of sauerkraut... :-D

    I checked out the book "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" (I found this very interesting writing of your wife on her blog. Around 10 years ago I heard first time about it from a mom of my work (kindergarten), she had really bad health problems and almost died, she was already looking for a person who could raise her little girl, that was sooo heart breaking, but she found in Berlin a great self-help group and took her "life" back), I like the writing of the book and checked out some videos of that doctor, but my problem is the meat thing. You have written about your experience in one of your posts and I wrote something about it, but unfortunately my writing was too long viva blogspot post and couldn't send it to you :-(

    Something else, I like the idea of trading (Finally people her start to do more and more swaps meetings/parties, but how always, if people "get something new" they overact, but I like the growing process, to find the basics in life again.
    If you or your wife need something from Germany, let me know :-)

    Have a great market time and a sunny day!

    greetinx, mel


    ReplyDelete