Friday, August 6, 2010

A Key to Happiness

Tonight Taryn and I were having some nice quiet moments together....and we were talking about this and that, and she mentioned just how blessed we are.
"Yep", that we are....
and then she tells me how tonight when she was writing her "10 things she was thankful for today" list, which she does every night before she goes to bed....
Well she said that it was a whole lot more than 10 things today..
She just kept writing and writing until her list covered two pages of things about today that she was thankful for.....
A pretty good ending to a day, huh?
Then she asked me what my plans were for the night, ( I sleep less than she does) and she asked if I was going to go back and make some more music (as I was doing earlier this evening).
  I said that I had a few options, I could do the music....
or write something,
or create something in my workshop,
or do a blog post
or lay there in bed next to her while she slept reading my very fun book.
She said, "Isn't it wonderful when you have a whole bunch of options and you love them all, and isn't it great when you are living the life you love"... (I'm paraphrasing now as I forget the exact words)... And I'm sayin, "Yep".
And she reminds me of a conversation she had with someone who had said that ,"happiness wasn't their natural state, and they had to work hard to find it." And she said how she thinks that Joy is the Natural state for a soul, and that if we do what we love and what makes us feel good, that is when we are living our souls purpose. Because we're here to share our souls purpose with the rest of the world, and the way to do that is to do what brings us joy.
The way we know that we are on track with our souls purpose is to guage how joyful we are.....
Basically ,"if we're doing what brings us joy,
we are living in line with our souls purpose,
and this is the best gift we can give to the world.

Can you see why I love her so darn much...~~~

So, do what brings you joy...
not what you think you should do....
based on this or that....
not what your parents,
or your school councelor say you should do.
  Do what brings you joy...
and your life will be........
JOYFUL. 
Now I know some of you would say,
"that's a big DUH"...
and yes it is,
but there are a whole lot of folks that just haven't quite grasped that yet....
so we remind them...
Do what makes you joyful.......
and your life will be Joyful
And it is totally a choice within YOU.
As simple as a decision...
Do what makes you joyful...
and have a joyful Life..

1 comment: