Monday, October 3, 2011

Into the Heart...Tree of Life and Love


I've had a demon on my back for quite a few days....built in my past upon who knows what judgments... We're calling it the Flu for now as that is how it manifests. So I haven't really accomplished much in the creativity Dept.  But today I had the energy to string a really cool necklace I carved a while back...and got it posted:



The piece of wood I carved this in is a knot from a Juniper tree. It's also one of my favorite smelling woods. When I was younger I had an incense made in Tibet that I'm sure was made from this wood. (soon I hope to be offering incense made from this, on our store...I'm working at perfecting that now). The smell gets me high. I'm so in love with it that I'm building a meditation hut out back with four huge pillars of it, so I can meditate with this smell surrounding me. So I carved it in this knot, which sure has a lot of rings, must have been an old tree. It comes from East of here in Oregon. In the roots of this Mighty Old Tree I carved a Love Knot. I strung it on horn, wood and a Picture Jasper. It's about 1 1/4 by 2 inches and the necklace is about 20 in. long.
You can see it here on our store

1 comment: