Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Making Kale Chips... Way too Amazing

Kale is one of the most potent Vegetables.
I've heard it called a Vitamin Pill in a Plant
We eat Loads of it
and grow loads of it.
 We needed a way to be able to store it for eating later.
So I decided to make some "Kale Chips".
I bought some from a store once 
and they weren't all that good.
But I figured I'd try.

So First I put took out the stems
Put em in a big bowl and pounded em
with salt and Garlic Powder.
 We actually always use Himalayan Crystal Salt
as unlike ordinary sodium chloride you get in the store
which is deadly
Himalayan Crystal salt is good for you.
It's actually what is in the "Redmond Real Salt" shaker
in the picture above.
 Once it was all pounded
and the salt was pulling the water out I added some olive oil and nutritional yeast
then I put it in the dehydrator
on the low temp so as not to destroy the enzymes.
 Left it there till the next day...
It Tasted so amazing.
There isn't much left in the pic here because Bracken is a fiend for it
Even though I put in too much salt.

It is soo freakin good

3 comments:

  1. thats expensive in stores. looks good though. vegetableas and green drink smoothies definitely prevent colds and flu's. btw, some people need a little salt, especially in this hot weather. nothing wrong with some salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt is fine but sodium chloride not so good, totally throws off the bodies balance. We all need salt, but not the processed crap you get in stores which was really made for industrial use, not human consumption. Real salt, himalayan salt and sea salt are OK because it's not just sodium chloride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing that recipe. I am not a great cooker and when i want to cook kale, never know how to prepare it. Here in France, everybody makes it in a recipe called "potée" but in vegetarian way, it's not really interesting. So i'll definitely try these kale chips!

    ReplyDelete